1. Lawyers deprived of their status by a decision of the Ministry of Justice — those lawyers whose license was terminated directly by the Ministry as a licensing body, and who, according to the Qualification Commission under the Ministry of Justice, committed “a misconduct incompatible with the lawyer’s title”. (8)
2. Lawyers that were disqualified and deprived of their title as a result of ordinary or extraordinary certification in the Ministry of Justice.
Both procedures are unlawful due to their incompatibility with the principles of the independence of lawyers and the legal profession, according to which the state is not the right actor to assess an attorney's compliance with ethical standards and expertise. For this reason, the deprivation of the status of a lawyer as a result of these procedures is unlawful, regardless of any other circumstances.
3. Lawyers deprived of their title due to the exemption from the Territorial Bar Association by the disciplinary body of the bar, when:
• the circumstances of the exemption indicate that the disciplinary body did not act independently;
• and/or the disciplinary procedure violated fair trial guarantees;
• and/or a lawyer is deprived of their title for the lawful exercise of their professional duties, their human rights (freedom of expression, assembly);
• the disciplinary body has abused the Rules of professional ethics by considering the lawyer’s action an ethical violation when it’s not the case;
• or the disciplinary penalty is disproportionate.
Conclusions as to the biased and unfair application of disciplinary measures are made on the basis of information from open sources, as well as on the basis of information sent to us.